The CDA are delighted to announce a special Diversity Award, sponsored by Casting Networks, to be presented at the CDA Casting Awards 2017 taking place on 17th March in London.
As actor Riz Ahmed highlighted in his speech to the House of Commons earlier this month, it is vital that all sectors of society feel represented in the media. As Riz said ” Every time you see yourself [reflected] in a magazine or on a billboard, TV, film, its a message that you matter, that you’re part of the national story, that you’re valued.” Casting Directors are key to making this happen.
The nominees for the Casting Network Diversity Award are:
• Hannah Birkett for Scope ‘End The Awkward’
• Leanne Flinn & Camilla Arthur for Selfridges ‘EveryBody’
• Heather March for Dove ‘Love Your Hair’
• Brendan McNamara for Pampers Unicef ‘Amazing Babies’
• Chris Snode for the co-cast Apple iPhone 7 ‘Dive’
• Mark Summers for the co-cast Taco Bell ‘Bigger Than’
Judging this special award will be a panel from UK Equity headed by their Equalities and Diversity Organiser, Hamida Ali.
The CDA are proud to announce the nominees for the Inaugural Casting Awards, which will take place in London on 17th March 2017.
The nominees are:
Best Casting of an Online Commercial:
– Hannah Birkett for Scope ‘End The Awkward’
– Ali Fearnley for Samsung ‘Best Present Ever’
– Brendan McNamara for Pampers Unicef ‘Amazing Babies’
Best Street Casting of a Commercial:
– Brendan McNamara for Boots ‘Gift Of Beauty’
– Mark Summers for Pearson Education ‘Inspiring Teachers’
– Amanda Tabak for The Co-Op ‘Ask’
Best Casting of a UK Commercial:
– Hannah Birkett for Money Supermarket – Price Comparison Website ‘Epic Squads’
– Ali Fearnley for The Green Party ‘Grown Up Politics’
– Tree Petts for Worcester Bosch ‘The Long Day’
Best Casting of a Short Film:
– Shakyra Dowling for ‘The Nest’
– Leanne Flinn for ‘Marina and Adrienne’
– Amanda Tabak for ‘Balcony’
Best Casting of a Feature Film:
– Camilla Arthur for ‘Absolutely Fabulous’ (Authentic and Celebrity Casting)
– Shakyra Dowling for ‘Spaceship’
– Brendan McNamara for‘The Fitzroy’
Best Casting Stills:
– Kate Evans for Tesco ‘Bring It On’
– Leanne Flinn & Camilla Arthur for Selfridges ‘EveryBody’
– Sue Odell for Princes Trust ‘Parallel Lives’
Best Casting of an International Commercial:
– Kate Evans for IKEA ‘ Meet the start of the new Ikea Catalogue’
– Ali Fearnley for Clash Royale ‘Rules of The Duel’
– Tree Petts for Seat Leon ‘Imaginary Friend’
An independent panel of expert, industry jury will select the winners in each category. Sitting on the panel are:
– Gabe Blair (United Agents Commercials Department)
– Matt Buels (Managing Partner Hungryman)
– Steve Davies (Chief Executive, APA)
– Paul Gay (TV, Film and Commercials Director)
– Ella Sanderson (Senior Producer, Partizan)
– Jason Solomons (Film Critic)
– Charley Stadler (Commercials Director)
– Mark Waites (Founder & Creative Director, Mother)
Winners will be announced at the Casting Awards ceremony on Friday 17th March, which will take place at The Crypt of St Etheldreda’s. We are delighted that our host for the evening will be comic actress and writer Sally Phillips.
For ticket information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
CDA Inaugural Awards Ceremony 2017
This spring will see the first ever award ceremony in the UK to honour the work of the Casting Director.
On Friday 17th March the Casting Directors Association will hold their inaugural awards in London. The awards will celebrate the art of casting – finding the perfect talent for every role.
The CDA Awards is open to all its members and has categories that recognise casting for Film, Commercials and Music Videos.
Controversially, the work of the Casting Director has remained unsung when it comes to major awards.
In recent years there has been a call for award bodies such as The Academy Awards (the Oscars) and BAFTA to recognise the invaluable contribution they make to the industry.
The CDA Awards are paving the way forward.
Further information including ticket sales will be available at the end of January